Eben is based in Sacramento, CA with two cats, two dachshunds, and one very special lady. His beard is big.
Hey! Look What I Did!
- Created B-Squad: Soldiers of Misfortune (2012-ongoing). Follows the misadventures of a misfit group of mercenaries sent on equally dangerous and ridiculous missions. I use a die to determine which character is the most expendable and kill the character off the series for good. Over 200 pages collected in print volumes at www.bsquadcomic.com
- I've now hosted workshops for thousands of kids and adults aiding in their own comic book creations over the past three years. From elementary schools, gifted learning environments, comic book conventions, community colleges, and state universities, my workshops help get the story out of head and onto paper - be it for comics or traditional prose
- Co-Created Eben07: Covert Custodian (2007-2012). A comic series following the janitors responsible for cleaning the mess left behind by super-spies like James Bond. Over 200 pages online at www.eben07.com
- Juried Selection for Small Press Pavilion at 2016's Comic Con International in San Diego. Hoping to return for 2017.
- Co-organizer of the Crocker Art Museum's annual Art|Mix: Crocker-Con a regional comic book showcase (2013-ongoing).
- New Helvetia Brewing Company brews "B-Squad Blonde", a honey blonde ale drawing influence from B-Squad comics. Bottles of B-Squad Blonde feature art by lead artist Sean Sutter & backstory behind the beer written by me on the label.
- I've raised over $25,000 through crowd-funding campaigns like Kickstarter for comic book work like B-Squad. This money is primarily used for the production of the illustration work, which creates paid opportunities for emerging talent in the comic industry
- I'm frequently special guest to comic book conventions up and down the west coast. Bring me to your comic convention or special event by contacting me!
- I've moderated panels and been a guest speaker at dozens of events! From the light on creating comics on the spot to the heavy like conversations with cartoonists on free speech and the Charlie Hebdo attack.
- And I've been interviewed by multiple media outlets... TV, radio, newspapers, blogs, and podcasts. They love me... or maybe it's the beard... here's a list.